From our humble beginnings to the present day, Peter’s has always baked pies and pastries the proper way. Since starting our business over 50 years ago, Peter’s has built a reputation for serving up hearty, comforting pies. As well as baking our products with the love and care you’ve come to expect, our company has employed local people, for generations, all of whom share our passion for the humble pie.
When you join Peters’ Food Services, you will become part of one of the UK’s largest family food manufacturers, based in Bedwas, Caerphilly.
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader within our busy Production Department.
· To organise and motivate the team and to use supervisory skills to improve the efficiency of the pastry production lines.
· To develop a good team working relationship across the shift system and to ensure that good consistent standards are maintained in all areas.
· To be responsible for the manufacture of all pastry products to our set quality standards in line with customer specifications.
· Management of all technical and quality systems within your area including the checking and collation of all necessary paperwork during and at end of shift.
· Train new members of staff within your team.
· To ensure that the correct raw materials are used according to specifications.
· To be responsible for the correct settings of all feeding equipment and to ensure all feeding equipment is in calibration.
· Promote safe working at all times. Ensure that safe working systems and practices are in use at all times.
· Promote Health and Safety Standards, encouraging a safe and healthy working environment.
Skills and Experience required
· Supervisory experience within food manufacturing
· Excellent communication skills to ensure motivation and correct working practices are adhered to.
· Good educational background with an aptitude for figures
· Working knowledge of process machinery
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,667.20 per year