National Account Manager
As a National Account Manager you will work with major supermarket retailers to build long lasting relationships and sales growth, resulting in a win-win for both parties.
You will work in the Retail Sales Team, with full exposure to all departments including Product Development and Marketing. Tasks will include:
· Full responsibility for managing Own Label & Branded products with Major National Retailers
· Create joint business plans with customers to deliver profitable sales growth.
· Drive customer and category growth to outperform the market and further strengthen the brands and business relationships.
· Develop exciting customer presentations, that provide compelling and clear arguments, helping to unlock new opportunities with your customers.
· Manage and review all product profitability, including working closely with internal teams and your customers for all price negotiations.
· Full ownership of sales reporting and analysis, supported with category & market data insight, including Kantar.
· Activate strategic initiatives, such as New Product Development launches, through category management principles, to maximise sales.
Skills and Experience required
The ideal candidate should have:
· Track record of success within an FMCG Retail account management setting
· Ability to demonstrate where they have been able to grow sales or develop new business opportunities.
· Experience with Own Label products highly desirable.
· Experience with Major National Supermarkets highly desirable.
· Degree education (or equivalent) desirable
· Determined self-starter who can work at pace and show clear initiative.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with colleagues and suppliers at all levels.
· Confident and able to understand external & internal sales reports, including category data, to help monitor brand performance.
· Ability to identify gaps and opportunities to help grow sales.
The ideal candidate should be:
· Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
· Project management skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
What we’ll do for you
· A work environment where you will have the freedom to use your own initiative and work with all the key stakeholders in the business.
· Up to 33 days annual leave a year.
· Life insurance.
· Company sick pay scheme.
· Company pension scheme.
· Company life insurance.
Location: Peter’s Food Service Ltd, Bedwas House Industrial Estate, Bedwas, CF83 8XP
Hours: Core hours Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Occasionally, flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
Job Type: Full-time, fixed term contract.
Salary: Competitive salary, based on experience